Busch Gardens in Tampa Florida is a mini-vacation you don't have to wait for the
grandchildren to visit before you can enjoy all of the amenities offered
at this pleasure park. (Other mini-vacations you might enjoy Walt Disney World & The World Golf Hall of Fame.) More than a theme park, it is a zoo, an amusement
park with many thrilling rides, and it offers a variety of other
educational and entertainment venues.
African Baby Gorilla
This great entertainment venue is only a short drive of about two hours from Englewood
Florida. It is easily accessible from the Englewood area. Just follow
River Road to I-75 and head north. Take exit 265 (Fowler Avenue) West
from the Interstate for about two miles and then you can begin your
experience of the African continent.
Attractions at Busch Gardens Theme Park
- Marrakesh Theater - featuring excellent daily, live performances.
- Timbuktu Theater
- where you will experience (and I truly mean experience!) this
phenomenal theater which amazingly combines
the latest 4-D special-effects technology with multi-sensory theater
effects. If water looks like it could splash you as the pirate ship
sails by, then you probably will get wet!
- Moroccan Village
- offers an array of very interesting gift shops. One that will sure to
be of interest to younger
and some older people alike, is the Wild Creations gift shop. Here you
can experience hands-on shopping fun by stuffing your own animal.
There are 24 different animals to choose from and more than 50 outfits
and accessories to personalize your new stuffed buddy. Each one
is adoptable with a birth certificate and animal carrier at no extra charge.
Lots of Florida Tourist Attractions Right Here!
- Land of the Dragons-
boasts a three-story-tall tree house, an enchanted forest,
one-of-a-kind slides, a gentle waterfall, wonderful
rides and friendly dragons. The Land of the Dragons' stage features the
Friends Forever Show. (Height restriction for children's rides is up to a
maximum of 56 inches tall and other restrictions may apply.)
- King Tuts Tomb - Experience the mysteries of King Tut's tomb. Kids can actually do some digging of their own.
- Stanleyville Theater - featuring bands, orchestras, soloists, you name it!
- You can view this wonderful park as you fly through the air from the
Crown Colony area to the Congo on the opposite side of the park on
If You Love Animals, You Will Love Florida Wildlife Here?
- Clydesdale Hamlet - where you can meet Sprint the Donkey (remember him from the Super Bowl TV ads) who?s dream of being a World-Famous
Budweiser Clydesdale made him famous.
- Bird Gardens
- check out almost 500 tropical birds from around the globe. You can
hang around after the Wild Wings of Africa
Show and talk to conservation educators at Busch Gardens.
- Edge of Africa - take a self guided tour through the African continent and visit Dakari the baby Rhino who lives with his Mom and Dad.
- Lory Landing - a domed habitat showcases a variety of brilliantly-colored birds.
- Rhino Rally - transports guests aboard an off-road adventure through the wilds of Africa.
- Myombe Reserve - get an up close view of gorillas and chimpanzees in the Great Ape Domain.
A list of Florida Adventure Tours
The thing that always amazes us about Busch Gardens
is the wide array of special features packages available. These features
broad range of educational and entertainment venues. But I have to admit
that the ones that appeal to both my wife and I are the first two.
- Serengeti Safari - The idea of experiencing our own guided mini African safari is tops on our list. You can ride through
this African bush on the Serengeti Express Railway, making stops at the Congo and Stanleyville.
- Sunset on the Serengeti
- This one hour guided tour is another must see for us. It begins with
the Crown Colony's Brewmaster's
Club, where guests can sample premium Anheuser-Busch lagers. Then, you
head out, traversing the 65-acre Serengeti Plain, viewing and
interacting with the wildlife is a dream come true for any couch-potato
field naturalist. (Not a self description.)
- Family Adventure Tours - of the Nairobi Field Station.
- Saving A Species Tour
- an insider's view of the conservation
projects that help protect rhinoceroses and their habitats. A portion of
the proceeds will benefit World Wildlife Fund's conservation work
around the world.
- Animal Adventure Tour - go behind-the-scenes and get up close with the animals and their keepers.
- Keeper for a Day - here is your chance to assist in feeding, training and caring for some of the animals and birds.
- There are still four more to go, but you have to discover them for yourself!
A Yummy List of Dining Venues
Busch Gardens offers a diverse number of dining venues to meet every taste and dietary need.
- Up Close Dining - with three restaurants offering a great view of the animals and the park.
- Family Favorites - offering an eclectic array of menu from simple to the more discriminating.
- Catering and Group Dining
I guess what I am trying to say in this page is that one day of exploring the wilds of Africa without traveling further
than Tampa Florida is sure to lead to many more mini-vacations from your home base in Englewood to this amazing location.
After all, the Busch Gardens offers far more in the
way of a day's entertainment than I have pointed out here in a few
Oh! I did mention that the park includes an amusement area with rides... right? Well, with names like SheiKra (see pic above), Gwazi, Kumba... it's pretty amazing!
Once again Englewood's proximity to Busch Gardens and the many other great Florida tourist attractions that
dot the landscape of the Sunshine State is just another reason why we Enjoy Englewood Florida!
What To Do In Englewood:
Theme Parks & Other Day Trips